This is another inspirational TED talk. I am excited to share this one. Bear with it/me though…it is longer than the first but it is worth it! The transformational story Sherwin shares is a testament to the validity and necessity of psychiatric treatment (drugs, shock, etc.). Science and the human body has come a very far ways.
(Note on Electroshock therapy: Each individual needs their own personalized treatment plan ((including medicine or not)) by their doctors. Your doctor will prescribe a plan that works for you and you then decide together.)
I hope everyone enjoyed JD Schramm’s story (TED talk posed earlier in the week). Did it inspire anyone to push through a hard time with the thought of maybe one day telling there story and/or making new resources available?
- TED Talks: Sherwin Nuland, How electroshock therapy changed me (whereistandblog.wordpress.com)
- Electroshock Therapy (arkgoth.wordpress.com)
- TED talks: Thomas Insel, Towards a New Understanding of Mental Illness (whereistandblog.wordpress.com)
- What Does Electroshock Therapy Feel Like? (wnyc.org)
- TED Talks: JD Schramm, Break the silence for suicide attempt survivors (whereistandblog.wordpress.com)
- TED Radio Hour looks at the anatomy of a turning point (ted.com)
- The first TEDTalk that made our content director cry (ted.com)